Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Quentin Tarantino

In my husband's world Quentin should be revered as a god or at least a film genius. He made me watch Pulp Fiction tonight which was a good movie but not really my type of movie; I am more of the romantic comedy kind of girl. But anyways back to Pulp Fiction, I can respect it for the art of it. It was well written, it was mildly entertaining and yes, Quentin did a good job directing, writing, being the Hollywood god that he is but still I only found the movie good. You also have to understand that for 7 YEARS my husband has been complaining about the fact that I have not previously watched Pulp Fiction and therefore the movie has somewhat been the bane of my existence and until tonight I have avoided it, not because I thought I wouldn't like the movie but because I didn't want to give into him.

When the movie was finished and my darling husband with stars in his eyes asks me what I thought, I answer it was good. He then launches into a diatribe about how awesome Quentin Tarantino is and how he has done things others in Hollywood have not and yadda yadda yadda. Quite frankly I tuned him out at some point during his diatribe so I am not sure what all he said but I know he was trying to sell me on Quentin’s godliness.  Now it is 2 am and he is trying to sell me on watching Reservoir Dogs…suddenly I am feeling very tired and need to take myself to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment